Sunday, June 17, 2012

WILMINGTON, DE...home of the...uhhh...home of...ummm...SOMETHING.


Read it, don’t read it, I don’t really care…I just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
The Airplane Rant.  No internet, cramped seating, and lots of time.
Part 1-the plane ride there (Friday).
Let’s turn and burn.

1)   Random OKC-Miami Game 1 notes:
·       Battier gives Miami just the start they need, nailing three early 3’s.  Battier will never be a superstar, but he IS the perfect teammate.  He works hard defensively, and knows where to be for a spot up in case one of his superstar teammates gets in trouble or draws one too many players.  He gets his teammates involved in a red-hot start from behind the arc.  Who joins Shane?  Mario Chalmers/ the other half of the Big Two that is not in the Big Three.  Flow chart that if needed.
·       It is Durant’s first NBA Finals game, and although his teammates are not really supporting him score-wise, he starts sharp like he has been here, done that.  He HAS been on the stage for his entire life, and playing for Team USA couldn’t have hurt either.
·       The first half goes kind of like a lot of people figured it would, with the Heat being just enough in control that the people who picked them were saying “Yup, this is about how I figured these games would go.”
·       Ah, the idea of the 50/50 ball.  Well, it is just math associated to some sort of momentum shifts in relation to effort spent or some aspect of that idea.  Anyway, the balls did indeed start going OKC’s way in the 3rd quarter, and a run ensued.  We now have a game.
·       I was sitting there watching the game thinking about whether or not the Celtics still went to OKC after being told to pack for it by Doc Rivers pre-Game 7.
·       If Jeff Van Gundy was lying on air about his cat being named Cheeks, then that is BS.  If he did, then rock on, Jeff.  I loved those early 80’s Sixer teams.  My boy was Andrew Toney, but there was plenty to choose from on that squad. You better not be lying.
·       Late in the third quarter, you got the feeling that both teams recognized they had drawn a stalemate up to that point, and now they were just seeing what the next change of strategy from their adversary would be, and who was going to make the next run.  Interesting few minutes.
·       I have said it before, and I will say it again.  Watching Dwayne Wade time others’ shots and block as many shots as he does at 6’4” is absolutely amazing.  Also, he is kind of like the backcourt version of Tim Duncan in a way.  No guard uses glass on longer type shots than Wade.  Old school, and fundamentally sound.
·       OKC is up a point after 3 quarters and the crowd energy continues to amaze me at Chesapeake Energy Arena.  I feel like I am in Maryland when I hear it (which is ironic because I kind of am flying over Maryland thereabouts right now).  Confused.  Chesapeake?
·       OKC starts to take control.  I notice James is not posting up much at all, and Wade is hoisting more than his fair share of 3 pointers, my telling sign that they are not running their offense  The Durant dunk with 8:28 was emphatic, and just plain dirty.
·       The announcers are discussing whether the winner of this series will have taken the “throne” of best player in the NBA.   I am not even a supporter of this guy, but I will say this.  Just because Kobe has head cases for big men, less bench help, and a brand new coach, that doesn’t mean he needs to totally call 5-second rule just quite yet.  Soon, but not yet.
·       The 4th quarter was all OKC, true, but the Heat really MADE them hit some pretty remarkable shots to keep their lead down the stretch.  It was a solid offensive show by both teams down the stretch.
·       The Heat were down, sure, but I was surprised how fast the Heat stopped fouling to extend the game.  It is Game 1 of the Finals, Eric.  I personally thought you threw in the towel pretty damn fast.
·       Westbrook was a beast in the 4th quarter.  Huge.
2)   The LA Kings win the Cup, and very much in style.  Some are discounting the penalty, but I personally would have liked to see that Game 6 if that major didn’t occur, It happened though, and they deserved it.  They gave up 3 goals in a heartbeat.  Some guy named Gretzky was on the team the last time the Kings were in the Cup Finals, and it was great to see the organization make that final leap.
3)   They are doing a probe into the Pacquaio/ Bradley scoring.  I have not seen the fight.  Yet.  From what my sources tell me, I will also agree that something was screwed up.  The thing is this.  Even if they do the “probe” and find wrongdoing, the super fight of all super fights is still tainted to say the least. Pacquaio has either a scratch in the armor or an asterisk whatever happens with this probe.  You don’t think Floyd Mayweather will EVER use that as ammo should the fight ever actually happen?  Yup.  Damn you, judges/ Pacquaio.
4)   Andy Zhang is the youngest person to ever play in the US Open.  That is freaking amazing.  I won’t even bust on his 9 over yesterday, because considering his age, the torturous start of Olympic (5 of the first six holes were ranked in the toughest holes), and how he birdied the 18th, I think that kid is truly having fun playing the toughest set up of the year.  I don’t know what his status is for other tournaments, but I hope he gets to play SOME joke PGA course after Olympic to get a better idea of where he stands.  I have a feeling this trip to the Open will fend off whatever freshman jokes the upperclassmen are planning.
5)   One other thing on the US Open.  I am in the air right now and have no idea what players are doing on the course, but I will say this.  After Rory torched last year’s course for a 16 under and basically made the US Open just another one of those scoring PGA courses, I would bet a fair amount that no one gets better than 10 under this year.  Actually, I think 2 or 3 under wins it for a player this year….tops.
6)   Dolphins fans are thinking about how Chad Ochocinco will fit into their team’s plans.  Fillerbuster is thinking about how Ocho will “fit” into South Beach.  Yes.  I like it a lot.  LOTS of trouble to find there, Chad.  Do it up and make my Rant Squad proud.
7)   Speaking of my beloved Rant Squad, I am officially scouting someone.  A guard from Temple this week got busted for solicitation.  Good job, Wyatt.  You have my scouts’ attention and we are now watching you.  Go distribute some coke or something.  Solicitation is a solid, creative start though I will say.
8)   Vlad was released by the Jays and still wants to play baseball.  Talk about a very fast end of the career.  It wasn’t THAT long ago that Vlad was probably the most feared hitter in baseball outside of Albert Pujols and steroids users.
9)   I haven’t mentioned Tiger being in the hunt in the first day for the Open.  Well, I am staying away from it for now.  It is not like I am not rooting for him insanely, but I said here in the rant it wouldn’t happen this time because of slightly loose irons, and I am in the air and he could be blowing up as I fly.  Regardless, this is win/ win all over the place.
10)                   I noticed that Angel Cabrera was hanging around the leaderboard on the first day of the Open.  Does that guy seriously just play majors?  It is like he podunks along and does absolutely nothing the rest of the year, and then just pops up either at the Masters or the US Open on the front page.
11)                   I am out of town this weekend in breathtaking Wilmington, DE, but know one of my first things to do upon my return is to check out Rock of Ages.  I can watch a shitty movie if it has that brand of rock.
12)                   I am so glad they are appealing Dickey’s one hitter to see if it was indeed a no-hitter, but it is going to suck either way.  Either things stay the same and he JUST got a one hitter, OR you truly ROBBED that dude and his teammates of some serious party time and celebration.  That is just rude.  Fun to watch what I would call an angry knuckleballer throw though.  If you are not aware, he converted from regular pitcher to knuckleballer, is the only one presently in the league, and can throw a version of it in the mid 80’s.  That becomes VERY confusing to hitters.
13)                   The grass is green, the sky is blue, and Floyd Mayweather is bitching about being in jail already. One of the disputes is regarding workout “room.”  Sucks, bro.  I think they are telling you that you need to remain there for your sentence, and I will add something else.  You are in JAIL.  Jail means you did something bad.  Jail is not fun, and you should seriously ….nevermind.  You are useless.
14)                   Congrats to Matt Cain, who threw a 14k perfect game this week.  Not ONLY was it a perfect game, but it easily ranks in the top games of all time pitched, or at least in the last 30 or so.  After weighing what I wanted to weigh, I will still take Kerry Wood’s 20k ONE hitter (infield single only) over this one.  Wood was playing against a better team also.  That being said, congrats to Matt Cain, who unless you follow baseball or live in San Fran, unfortunately was known as just Lincecum’s teammate.
15)                   Lance Armstrong is again accused of cheating.  Geez.  This better be good evidence to even BRING it up again, because I am pretty sure most people outside the cycling world already are AWARE that we are TIRED of it.  Sure.  Seven in a row Tour de Frances looks a little over the top OR badass-I am not sure.  But.  I thought that is what you were trying to figure out LAST time you accused him.  Enough is enough.
16)                   Unless you live in a bubble, you know at this point who Bryce Harper is.  Not only did dude hit a mammoth HR the other day, but he had a GREAT line that totally went viral.  I ALSO like it and plan on using it and paying it forward.  When asked what he thought was a dumb question by the media, Bryce replied “that’s a clown question, bro.”  AWESOME.
17)                   I haven’t seen any legitimate MOVEMENT on it as of yet, but I DO like the amount of wire gossip with playoff format for FBS.  Snow freaking ball that should have happened somewhere in the mid 90’s at least, but better late than never I guess.
18)                   Dibs to Jim Rome, one of my sports talk heroes, for continuing to be who you are.  On your show, you just flat out TELL David Stern that the NBA lottery is rigged.  Classic, you made the main national wire about 30 minutes later, and I got to see the Jim Everett clip again when they were talking about your past.  “Call me Chris one more time!”
19)                   I live in Denver, and I still feel I know more about the Jets training camp than most people out there.  In case you were losing sleep at night needing to know, Tebow has asked to put on weight for his role their AND got people talking by playing TWO plays with the #1 offense.  People, I live in DENVER.  Stop.  It.
20)                   I am not a gamer, but did I really see in a commercial that Halo 4 has ALIENS, or was the guy just firing at a camouflaged guy way up in the air?
21)                   Russell Martin ALMOST hurt himself ins celebrating the other day.  That means that this is ALMOST a fantastic hook.  But it is not.  Moving on.
22)                   Brian Runge.  Who is he?  He is the first umpire to work two no-hitters in one season.  This might be shady in another year, but not this year, as it is definitive we have entered the age of the pitcher.  Guys with more pitches coming up, more teams playing small ball, no more steroids, and a host of other things.  Some need home runs.  Me?  I am going to soak up this age and love it.
23)                   Glad to see Hines Ward linked up Sunday Night Football.  He is firmly respected in the sport itself, is more famous in other circles because of DWTS, he speaks well, and he is a smart guy.  Great choice I think.
24)                   Hey, Ryan Dempster.  Go out this weekend.  Truly enjoy your great town of Chicago.  Do it now, bro.  Why?  Because unless the White Sox link up with you, you ain’t going to be there long.  Trade deadline might as well be called Dempster Deadline with him pitching solid for the lowly Cubs.
25)                   New trial headline with Sandusky that I got slightly disgusted and of course didn’t read.  “Sandusky called himself Tickle Monster.”  Eeewww.
26)                   Sad to see that Shaun White will not be doing the next X Games.  Damn.  Now I have to go and learn someone else’s name out there.  Hurry up advertisers.  Feed something to me, you slackers.  I now don’t know anyone.
27)                   I checked my EURO predictions, and does anyone remember me saying that Croatia was going to win their tough group?  You don’t? What?  No, I said that the Netherlands were going to take it?  I think you are wrong.  ANYWAY, go Croatia and I will just change my picks to what is more expected.  Give me Spain over Germany.  I would go Germany, but I like that David Silva is back healthy for the Spaniards, and I also like their finesse, passing brand of soccer the best.
28)                   I read that the Sprint Cup speeds reached 218 mph.  Just reporting it as the Fillerbuster always does on NASCAR.  I will not add commentary except to say that that sounds REALLY fast.
29)                   Jerry Sloan has withdrawn from the Bobcats coaching search.  Good.  Dude, you are better than that.  You need to find a gig with talent already in place.  You have earned it over the years, unless you WANT to teach the youngsters.  Just saying, that roster is pretty damn bad AND young, and not young like OKC.
30)                   The NCAA is working on deregulating texts and calls.  I admire them for holding steadfast for years while smart phones blew up, and now they are joining the party.  I don’t know how much they are “deregulating” them, but I think we are doing that whole Pandora’s Box thing.  If they break down that damn, smaller schools will have no shot at the big guns because of the constant contact allowed.
31)                   The top football recruit chose Clemson for next year.  Not THAT big of surprise but I had to know a little more.  He is from GA, a southern boy, Clemson is on the rise slightly, and most importantly I would surmise, he had a few high school teammates go to Clemson also.  Probably a kid who is like a lot of kids, and likes some of his bro’s to be around.
32)                   Adam Dunn has 22 HR’s.  That is a lot these days.  So either you are the last left over from the steroids era, or good job I guess, bro.  Bet you are in the top 5 in strikeouts also per your usual stats.
33)                   Article I almost choked my breakfast on.  I did, or maybe it was because I had missed my first flight that I recall.  Not fun. I have never missed one, and FINALLY got to be THAT guy.  555am.  Dripping sweat and running full throttle toward the gate.  They closed the door right before I got there, and I literally watched the plane detach 5 seconds after being there.  PAINFUL.  I will commend Southwest on actually CARING about getting me where I needed to be.  Beautiful Wilmington, DE.  ANYWAY.  The comment.  “Malone says I would rather have Pippen over Jordan.”  Ugghhh.  I guess you might have meant blending in on your team, and of course you are not going to laud someone who you were their bitch to, but let’s slow down, and have you take a deep breath.  This sentence does not exist in our society.  “I would have taken ________ over Michael Jordan.”  Doesn’t exist.
34)                   Just a couple quick notes about OKC-Heat Game 2 as we are starting our descent I think. 
·       Westbrook’s thumb bothered him a lot I think.  I think it really affected his game and the team.  Not his fault, and he should have played, but I think he is truly the key to this series since he has nothing like Tony Parker to guard this series and CAN concentrate a little on creating and shooting.  Need that health though.
·       LeBron really brought it home down the stretch.  They won, and you can’t talk about any choking in this one.
·       I think the Heat’s win solidifies that this thing is going seven games.  Book it.  Should OKC have won that last one, I thought they had a shot at six, but I think we are officially in for a war now.
·       The first half was pretty similar to Game 1 as far as flow and score.  I hope the Thunder know they can’t come out slow in EVERY game and still have a chance against the Heat
·       When the Heat can run, they are close to unbeatable.
·       I noticed the Thunder tried their game ending lineup in Game 1 a little earlier this time in Game 2-end of the third quarter.  Adjustments were made, shots weren’t falling, and it didn’t work.
35)                   OK.  If I was debating on whether to see the movie Ted or not, then that has now changed.  Ted is the talking teddy bear movie written by the Family Guy…guy.  Anyway, Wahlberg rattled off like 50 names in a commercial like he was still Marky Mark, and I am now sold on Ted.
36)                   I saw that the US soccer team tied Guatemala in World Cup qualifying game this week, fresh off their outstanding (very sarcastic) outing against Antigua.  Great.  The US is scrambling to tie Guatemala, and Italy and Spain are playing to thrilling draws.  Maybe it is better if we don’t make the big show.  Nah.  Just joking about that totally.  I would like them to be there for at least the first three games when I am in Brazil in 2014.
37)                   I was about to groan when I saw the commercial for Expendables 2 like a reaction to 90% of sequel commercials I see on TV.  Then, something strange happened.  The first one was actually watchable and entertaining.  You see?  All of them KNOW they are bad actors, so the brilliance of the first movie aside from the explosions and fighting was the utter dryness on the screen of every dialogue as they put this bunch of non actors all in the same movie.  Classic.
38)                   I heard Usain Bolt was in a fender bender late night this week.  I was sad to see that it wasn’t a hit and run.  Hardy har har.
39)                   30 minutes to the gate.  One final movie note.  People who know me know that I am perhaps the biggest Bourne Trilogy fan in the world.  I love those movies, and thought they were extremely well done.  The Legacy is coming out.  Sure, I wish Damon would have come along for the ride, and I know I have to deal with a new guy, but what genius did the makers do to draw me in?  They put Ed Norton in it.  Don’t say anymore.  I will see you opening night, Mr. Bourne.
40)                   That is it.  Roger, Roger.  What’s your vector, Victor?  I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.  As one shepherd said to the other shepherd, it is time to get the flock out of here.  Hope you enjoyed.  I actually don’t know when I am ranting next.  I am changing things up a little in my life, as blogging for 6 hours a week has been a little taxing.  So, I will write, but I won’t be a on a schedule.  That being said, I LOVE writing these on the flights.  They go SO fast.  This 3 plus hour flight…well, just flew by.  Talk to you next time.  Peace.

PART II
The plan ride home to Denver…

Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
Let’s try this again.  I was through about two pages without saving and got the blue screen of death.  I hate wasted hooks.

I feel the need…the need for speed.

1)    Well, I saw that it happened and wasn’t surprised in the least.  I said in this rant I didn’t think he had it in him this go around.  But.  Being one of his biggest fans, I was sad to see it happen.  Tiger shot 5 over on Saturday and basically put himself out of the mix at the US Open.  Sure, you can catch up 5 strokes, but not in a US Open, and especially not in one where the USGA is still pissed that someone lit them up for a 16 under last year.  Ain’t going to happen.  Tiger’s irons are still loose, his drive is not consistent enough quite yet, and his putting confidence is a roller coaster.  Give someone else the US Open and then book him for the British, and maybe the PGA. 
2)   Put Jim Furyk in the hook from my last rant where I said Cabrera only show up for majors.  Furyk does the same exact thing.  Weird swing, not the most attractive face, but he usually is in the mix.  Before the flight took off, he was indeed making one of his 4 big appearances of the year on the leaderboard.
3)   Zach Parise has already said no to the New York Rangers.  It looks like he is to stay a Devil, which will make Putty happy.  The Rangers didn’t lose by much to the Devils, and have a winning window a little wider than the Devils presently.  So, expect him to stay a Devil.  If he doesn’t, he just really must hate the northeast in general after those two offers.
4)   My Phillies are still under .500.  They are not THAT far out of the race, but really aren’t showing any signs of rectifying their status.  It doesn’t help when you read mind blowing stats like Cliff Lee, yes THAT Cliff Lee, being winless in his last ELEVEN starts.
5)   Guess the following guy just doesn’t like the big city spotlight of NYC.  AJ Burnett, although a very unlikable personality, is a quiet 7-2 already this year and is helping to have the Pirates in the mix.
6)   Put this on my list of more reasons not to cheer for Notre Dame.  I just found out that my favorite voice on TV, Cris Collingsworth (UGGHHH), has a kid who plays for them.
7)   Southwest Airlines takes your drink order, then delivers snacks, and then gets you your drink about 20 minutes later…and the snacks are usually salty.  Whether I was up late or not the night before, I am literally parched until I get that freaking drink.  I DO like that you can’t get stuck at the bathroom because of the drink cart though.
8)   Joining the legendary list of players who have injured themselves celebrating, Aubrey Huff got his.  Trying to jump out of the dugout after Matt Cain’s perfect game, dude messed up his knee.  The Giants really don’t need him getting hurt as they really don’t have an offense in the first place WITH him.  Word is that Bill Gramatica’s phone is ringing off the hook though with calls from Aubrey.
9)   Joe Torre is coming back to managing.  Sort of.  No one can figure out how important or unimportant the World Basebaall Classic is at this point, but at least the USA knows who will be managing their team.  Good choice.  I also am unsure how much I care.  My people will be in touch with your people when I know.
10)                   Arthur Ashe Stadium in NYC is getting renovated.  One of the renovations will be a roof on main court.  Forget talking about the rain delays, I want to know how it will be a US Open without those planes going overhead.  I will miss that sound.
11)                   There are TWO Force daughters?  And they BOTH drive funny cars like their dad?  Did dad even give them dolls and houses to play with, or did he just shove them both into those funny cars at birth?
12)                   There is some points system coming in 2013 for the Kentucky Derby.  Unlike college football, I was unaware that anyone was bitching about the present system in place.  I hear the horses are livid about this though.
13)                   My buddy had to pick Wilmington, DE as his destination wedding because his girl’s family is all from there, so obviously the town itself is a downfall going in.  BUT.  The way he DID the wedding was brilliant.  After a long Catholic wedding obviously run by the bride's family, he did the following:
·       Reserved parts of the Queen Theater, a classic theater in that town. AFTER getting back from the church in the classy rented orange school buses.
·       Had an hour long cocktail hour in the “casual area.”
·       Moved everyone upstairs to a ritzy version of the same thing with open bar and some appetizers.  Great view of the skyline (kind of joking about that, but it was a cool room), and a walkway to overlook the actual theater area.
·       Congregated everyone in theater area, including seating part, to hear Jason Mraz’s song done by one of his groomsmen.  IT was pretty dope.
·       Took everyone to another room for the grand entry and dinner.  Cool speeches, they walked into the room with Motown Philly playing, and great buffet line.
·       Instead of leading up to it, he IMMEDIATELY played dance music and told everyone to get up there.  Brilliant way of getting people dancing early, and also good knowledge of knowing that friends of both him and his woman started drinking a LONG time ago.  ALSO, Brian got her favorite local band from growing up to sing all of the surveyed and requested songs.  BAD.  ASS.
·       Finally, they moved everyone to the karaoke room.  The machine was forgotten, so a big hurdle had to be overcome, but after hooking up his iPod to the DJ booth, and then teasing a mic in front of people like me, and it was no time at all until the thing was rocking.  Yes, “Don’t Stop Believing” was sung.  We didn’t miss anything I don’t think.
14)                   Phil Jackson says he won’t coach the “clumsy” Knicks, BUT says there MIGHT be a job out there he would take.  Great.  That one phrase will keep him in the wire for at least two years as a possible candidate to every team that rolls their coach.  Of all the people I thought that would enjoy their retirement, it was him (doing Zen and other relaxing sounding stuff…but yet he keeps teasing.
15)                   Pacman Jones was ordered to pay $11million back to shooting victims.  Can’t get the money?  Just get him loaded and then bring out strippers.  He will get confused, but will probably start paying the debt a one dollar bill at a time.
16)                   Josh Hamilton was in the hospital for an intestinal virus.  I have never hoped someone actually had an intestinal virus, but in this case, I do.  Because I sure as hell hope this isn’t a cover up for anything drinking related.
17)                   Manny Ramirez asks for his release from the A’s.  He asked for it?  My bet is that someone told him the lowdown, and then he stormed in the manager’s office and did a preemptive strike.  Damn, I love that phrase.  Preemptive strike.  Sounds tough.  Good job, Manny.
18)                   Just in case he blows these finals, at least we all know now how much LeBron James reads.  I saw that cute little special they did on him reading in locker rooms and on planes.  “You choking, over-rated…uhhh…bookworm.”  Yeah.
19)                   Better you than me, Nik Wallenda.  Nik made some noise for tightroping over Niagara Falls.  Actually, I wouldn’t be scared of doing it I guess, because it is water you fall into.  That being said, I am not much for balancing myself on a wire I am pretty sure.
20)                   God told me to do it.  What, you ask?  After ex-star safety Kevin Ellison got busted for arson,that was his reply.  Do something fun and illegal before the summer is out.  I officially have Rant Squad scouts watching you as we speak.
21)                   Who NEEDS that fine model ex-wife?  Tony Parker reportedly got a scratched retina being involved in a fight between Drake and Chris Brown’s entourages.  When asked what he was doing there, he just said he was trying to assist and spur the peace.  Hardy har har.
22)                   Just in case you snoozed for the past 20 games or so, normalcy is coming back to the AL East.  The Red Sox are oddly still below .500, but the Yankees quietly won 7 straight over the last week and a half and are back in first.
23)                   First I was impressed.  Then, I realized that it was his job (as Congressman).  Either or, Manny Pacquaio, fresh off a loss to Bradley, is back in the Phillippines helping out flood victims.  Either or, gotta like that.
24)                   They checked it out, and didn’t give it to him.  The officials have taken a look, and decided no no-no for Mets pitcher Dickey.
25)                   Dwayne Wade evidently asked a reporter this week if he could have his tie that the guy was wearing.  If it was me, I would say no.  Or I would at least get mad cash for it.  My reasoning is when EVER again am I going to have leverage on Dwayne Wade?  If it is a tie that does it, I will take it.  Hold out, dude.
26)                   THIS isn’t the way Major League or Hoosiers goes.  They are not out yet, but cinderella story Stony Brook got CRUSHED by UCLA 9-1 in their opener.  Double elimination, but I hear they play Florida State as I fly today-doesn’t get any easier.
27)                   In our “remember he is only FREAKING 19 years old” segment, Bryce Harper made news this week by striking out 5 times in a game.  I think the kid is doing just fine, people.  Dude can strike out 5 times if he wants.
28)                   In the “I don’t even need to open the article to laugh because of all of the dumb shit he has done over the years” hook, Mike Tyson “sings ode to Kevin Durant.”  Seriously, I don’t need to add anything on this one.  It is its own vehicle.
29)                   Let’s talk about Wilmington, DE.  Visiting for a wedding that weekend, I noticed a few things since it has been a long time since my last visit there (grew up across the river). 
·       There are oddly a lot of banks there for how small of place it is
·       They are not say the toughest of “hoods,”  but there are a LOT of them, and they seem everywhere
·       There is not a lot of foot traffic in the downtown area
·       I found a few “historic” buildings, but I really didn’t see one single thing that was pretty per se.
·       I did have to take a walk in a very shady section of the town.  I did it at 11am.  Amazing.  They were quaint, no unattractive small houses lining the street, but you just KNEW once the sun went down that you shouldn’t be there.  Kind of like the small town version of Training Day.
·       I was late to the airport for trying to find a gas station for my rental car between Wilmington and Philly.  You all need those blue signs with a gas station symbol on it, because I ended up somehow in downtown Philly just looking for a freaking gas pump for my rental car.  I asked for the cheapest car, and one of my options was the Fiat 500.  You know, like that tiny car that plays foreign music with the dorky guy who gets hit on by the foreign tongued hot chick.  Anyway, it was alright, although I immediately decided I hated clutchless touch shifts, or whatever the hell they are called.  Irritating.  Plus, mine was just plain white.
30)                   Danica Patrick’s crew chief has come out and said that she “is put into bad situations.”  Whatever, crew chief guy.  Stop bringing her even more media attention.  She is a chick, and she is hot, but rubbing is racing, and the other drivers just want to beat her, plain and simple.
31)                   Game 3 of the NBA Finals is tonight.  Who will win?  Give me OKC tonight.  I believe they will adjust from last game and take 2 of the three in Miami, before Miami answers them by winning Game 6 at their crib.  Actually, I don’t really care how it happens, because all I know is that this thing is going 7 games.  OKC will go how Russell Westbrook goes, as he HAS to get his against whoever is guarding him.  OKC will do a better job at not allowing transition baskets.  Durant is going to blow up and have at least one MONSTER game, but I don’t know which one that will be.  I like Collison to be an X factor inside.
32)                   Well, that is it.  I am freaking exhausted from the wedding.  Not sure when my next rant will be, but I will make sure it is sometime this week if possible.  Also.  Good news for everyone out there.  I spoke with a professional blogger this weekend at the wedding, and he said to make my rants SHORTER and more frequent.  I think I will.  My feedback from some of you is that ALL of you will be happy.  Look for shorter quick hit rants.  I have to go NOT sleep because I had a middle seat and the two people next two me…fill their seats (don’t worry, I have the font small and the screen almost totally down writing this).  As one shepherd said to the other shepherd, I am going to get the flock out of here.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment