Friday, June 22, 2012

The rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble...


Read it, don't read it, I don't care...just needed to get some things off my chest.


In no particular order of chronology or importance...


Twenty minutes of hooks...


NEW FORMAT:
I have received your feedback, and I will now apply that feedback to the Rant.  Shorter rants more often.  This alleviates me also from allocating 3 hours twice a week to speak my mind.  I will be on the clock...literally.  I have the usual list in front of me.  I have exactly 20 minutes at most to start AND stop.  No more writing after that.  No editing.  This should make it more readable to you all, and not have YOU have to allocate more time than you want to catch up on sports.  Look for daily blogs, worse case every other day.  Don't worry, I won't announce a Rant daily.  If you like the Rant, just check more often.  I will post this paragraph a few times to make sure everyone knows.  Let's start the experiment of getting me actually to STOP.  Twenty minutes starts....NOW.


(taking a deep breath as I prepare to get mine in 20 minutes...)


12:39


1)  Notes from Game 5 between OKC and Miami first:
-OKC's first half defense was horrible in the first half.  Little did I know that when I jotted down that little tidbit that it would get much worse in the second half.


-If you watched the first half, you would have been impressed with OKC only because the entire time it felt like they were ALREADY down 25.  They ended the half down ten.  How, you ask?  They were at least attacking and were 17-18 from the free throw line in the first half.


-Mike Miller.  Mike Miller.  Mike Miller.  Dude showed non basketball fans watching what getting "on fire" looks like.  All hoopsters have been there, and the hoop looks double the size...and closer.  I have always been a closet fan of that dude, and to see him cause damage like that with a bad back was nice to see.  If injuries hadn't pestered him during his entire career, dude would have had more accolades than he already got.


-In the 3rd quarter, OKC can't blame their shot selection.  They had good looks-they just weren't falling.


-There are what exists as "playoff fouls."  That flagrant call on Fisher was BS.  Let them play.


-LeBron, multiple times, did his thing with hanging in the air and shooting on the way down.  MJ used to do this all the time too.  But my amazement is that if watching MJ was like watching a wide receiver do it, watching LeBron do it is like watching a huge tight end do it.  Incredible stuff.


-Can I now go back to my bar boss from 12 years ago who made fun of me for getting the satellite feeds for Ohio HS basketball games before my shift?  He told me the guy wouldn't last ten years in the league.  Technically, we bet $100 on it, but I don't know where the fool is.  But, yes, that guy I was watching was LeBron.


-I think it is funny when an announcer says "tenacious d."


-Mike Miller was on, Chris Bosh hit a key 3 pointer during marginal time, and the entire game just felt like OKC was not meant to win this one.


-Dibs to OKC for being mature, shaking hands, and NOT acting 23...well, at least OFF the court.


-I am not saying the result would have changed, but I HATE the 2-3-2 format it switches to in the Finals.  If the underdog gets one of those first two games, and is tough at home, then the favorite really doesn't have a chance.


-Nike ALREADY unveiled a LeBron ring commercial.  Wow, they work fast.


2)  Headline: "Adopted son accuses Sandusky."  Sorry, I continue to get the creeps during all of these headlines and just want the damn thing to end.


3)  A day after Percy Harvin left practice and was unhappy, he evidently returned and had a "great practice."  Starting to sound a little like T.O AND maybe bipolar.  I am watching this guy for my Rant Squad.  Hurry up and go do something illegal, Percy.  If you do two things bad in one night, I will take this story and count it as three, the minimum for induction.   Marcus Vick will pick you up once nominated.


4)  Goose Gossage has come forward and said Clemens should not be in the HOF.  Thanks, Goose.  Geez.  The guy takes forever to get inducted himself, and all of a sudden he is regulating like Warren G.


4a)...who wrote what I think is my favorite rap song of all time.


5)  HEADLINE:  "The Panthers are NOT interested in Burress."  Who cares?  If they are not interested, then this should NOT be on the wire.


6)  Congrats to the Denver Broncos for going a direction EVERY team will be going.  They aren't the first team to use iPad technology in any way in their training, but they ARE the first one to FULLY use it in every phase.


7)  Someone order me one.  I WANT one.  Evidently, they are making Bryce Harper t-shirts.  Yay.  This is a follow up to him saying to a reporter "that is a clown question, bro."


8)  See?  The Oakland Raiders CAN be good.  Their trainer saved a woman from drowning in a lake in her car.  Congrats, dude who is in the minority as a class act over there.


9)  I would bet on a LOT of retired athletes going broke, but Curt Schilling wouldn't have been on my list.  Apparently, he is out of money after a failed company venture.


10)  Jose Manuel Cara got disqualified from the PGA event this week.  His caddie "tried to hide his extra club."  I haven't looked yet online, but I hope there is a video of where he put it.


11)  And, in my favorite story, Brandon Jacobs took a kid and his friends to a playground eatery in NJ this week.  Why?  Because when his mom told him the reason Jacobs was leaving the Giants was because they couldn't pay him, the kid literally emptied his piggy bank and sent it to Brandon.  In case you are curious, Brandon also paid back the kid the $3.60.  Yes, $3.60.


12)  1:00.  Damn.  One minute over.  Gotta go.  As one shepherd said to the other shepherd, I am going to get the flock out of here.  Talk to you tomorrow.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment