Monday, June 25, 2012

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes...yada yada yada



Read it, don't read it, I don't care...just needed to get some things off my chest.



In no particular order of importance or chronology...


NEW FORMAT: 20 minutes time limit, DAILY posts


(deep breath before going to town)


12: 21


1)  Rex Sox Kevin Youkilis was officially traded to the Chicago White Sox yesterday.  I guess that leaves David Ortiz as the last man standing from that 2004 team that broke the curse.  I wouldn't even be surprised if he was shipped soon also, although I think at least ONE of those guys from that classic team should ride off into the night as a Red Sox player.  Anyway, forget the baseball breakdowns, this is good for Youkilis.  He goes to another winning team, with actually the same exact record as the Red Sox.  He gets into an easier division to win, becomes a huge locker room presence, and gets a manager that is more in the style of Francona than Valentine.  I think he needs that low key style manager or someone close to be happy.


2)  Jared Sullinger is not invited to the NBA draft.  You could argue that this is not right since he was an All-American, and was a certain lottery pick before last year.  I say it is the right thing to do.  The kid might feel slighted at not receiving this invitation honor, but it will be less painful staying home than us watching his back problem that was recently flagged drop him like a rock through the 1st round into possibly the second.


3)  Aaron Rodgers evidently just shot his last Brewers commercial.  This must be a regional thing, because I guess I haven't even seen the first one.


4)  Tony Parker came out and said he almost lost his eye in the brawl at the club between entourages.  Dude, stop talking about it.  Let this topic go quietly into the night.  Our sympathy level is pretty low for a guy who gets depressed at losing the conference semi's and getting thrown into entourage wars at a night club.


5)  Danny Ferry was named new Atlanta Hawks GM.  I think this is a good call.  Solid dude, good eye for talent, class act, and about the only thing I find wrong with him is that he went to Duke.


6)  Wow, that was FAST.  On a surface where she actually is supposed to be at her best, Venus Williams has already lost at Wimbledon.  Yes, she lost to an up and coming Russian woman, but this is the sign of the end pretty much to me.  Serena still has some gas left in the tank, but Venus should go work on that clothing line of hers.


7)  Italy won on penalty kicks against England to advance to a loaded final couple teams at EURO.  I am glad the sometimes luck version of settling a tie advanced the team that seemed to outplay the other all game.


8)  Clint Bowyer won the NASCAR race this weekend.  It said it was on a road course.  I wouldn't bet my rent on it, but I think that actually means right turns are included.  I THINK.  Not sure, and not looking it up.  Moving on.


9)  Chicago Bulls Luol Deng says he wouldn't be surprised if he was traded.  For WHO?  There is no WAY they trade a semi-star in his absolute prime on a team that was one injury from quashing all this LeBron crap.


10)  Crazy stuff.  I am interested to see how this whole women's 100 meter trials tie pans out.  Two women tied for the 3rd spot that would send them to London.  Check out the solution.  If they both agree, then it is what they agree on, either a coin toss or runoff.  If they disagree, then it is a runoff.  If they choose no preference, then it is a coin flip.  Flow chart, please, and ready that Rosie Perez clip to Woody on the bus ride home.


11)  Justin Gatlin won over Tyson Gay in the trials in the 100m for men.  Gatlin is coming off getting busted for performance enhancing drugs, and Gay is coming off injury problems.  Both will go to London, and they are two of the maybe 4 people worldwide that Usain Bolt is even breaking a sweat for.


12)  A man is suing his ex-Poker star wife on their divorce settlement.  Evidently, he found out about her 6 figure collection of shoes, and now wants a revised final number.  Cry me a "river," bro.


13)  Thanks for making a small step forward, Saudi Arabia.  I applaud what you are doing for these London Games, but 2012 should NOT be the first year that you decide to finally allow your women to compete at the Olympics.  It should have been a long, long time ago.  I will be rooting for those women to do well.


14)  I have a report from my parents that Africanized bees took down two dogs, killing one, in Palm City, Florida.  I love dogs, hate bees, am not happy my parents live in such close proximity to those nasty insects, but am glad they are very, very far away from me.  


15)  12:41  Time is up.  As one shepherd said to the other shepherd, I am going to get the flock out of here.  Talk to you tomorrow.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment