Friday, June 8, 2012

A building about the crazy rock and roll past...that closes at 530pm. Utterly ridiculous.


Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.

In no particular order of chronology or importance…

Ahhh, yes.  The airplane rant.  No internet, sometimes wrong spelling of people’s names, unfolded pieces of thoughts-filled yellow legal paper sitting to my left, with lots of time to kill.  Just will get home, copy and paste, post a background, and press send.  I feel the need…the need for speed.
1)    Let’s start out with my thoughts from OKC-Spurs Game 6/ the passing of the torch out west:
·       No Hubie Brown still makes me sad.  The fact that he is doing commentary on the radio does not make it better.  Announcing genius.
·       Tony Parker and Kevin Durant both came out aggressive in that final game.  The first one the other team figured out?  Tony Parker.  He had 21 and 10 at halftime, and then not too much after.
·       Sometimes we forget about Russell Westbrook’s sick athletic skills by seeing his irritating smirk as much as we do.  Well, that first quarter dunk straight down the middle CLEARLY reminded us that the dude is a freaking sick athlete.
·       The first quarter seemed to be a Warren G regulation by the past champions.  As the minutes ticked, the young legs, maturity way beyond their years, and uncanny resiliency would wear down the Spurs.
·       I said it before the season began in my summer rants.  It is a even year.  The Spurs were doomed from the outset of the season anyway.  They might as well not even played.
·       Stephen Jackson is an odd version of a Spur.  I guess Pop is testing his always mature team ideal.  It is kind of like a poor man’s version of the Pats bringing on Randy Moss a couple years ago.  Anyway, Jackson was 4-4 from downtown early, helping the Spurs to go 9-14 early with 3’s.
·        The OKC run in the 3rd was magical, and a sure sign that they were going to fight this thing to the end.  Plus, math happened.  Sometimes, you need to just keep playing the same smart way and realize that the team will eventually cool down.  Sometimes, even IF you are playing well, the other guy can still beat you if EVERYTHING they are throwing up is going in.  This is officially the passing of the torch vs. a very, very strong grip of that torch.
·       Stephen Jackson does something very Stephen Jackson-y in the third quarter.  He gets T’d up for staring down the Thunder bench.  I initially laugh at him, but then realize how much the game has changed.  Reggie Miller used to do that EVERY game…and it was cool.  And refs would roll with it just fine.
·       My fraternity brother and I were texting each other comparing our games to players.  He claimed he was a fat Scott Brooks, even though I said he was a shorter Mark Price.  I am probably a fast Kurt Rambis, though I would like to think that I am more of a slow Tom Chambers.
·       I think Tim Duncan has a perfect nickname for himself.  The Big Fundamental.  It has been true all through his career.  He is so freaking good, with simply the most boring moves of all time.  He CAN’T retire.  Who the HELL is going to use that thing called the backboard?
·       Derek Fisher has been just a role player all year and a locker room voice.  I guess he is OKC’s version of Claude Lemieux, because dude had a clutch 3 ptr and baseline shot late that truly helped them weather the storm.  Nails.
·       Not only are they talented.  Not only are they young.  VERY impressive that they are ALSO the best free throw shooting team in the league, which benefited them much coming down the stretch.  It kind of frustrates a team when you are doing what all good players should do, and that is make free throws.
·       James Harden is my new favorite player in the league if I have not told you all yet.
·       Sign of desperation and not being who you usually are.  I thought it was digging your own grave a little early when the Spurs tried 3 straight 3 ptrs with more than :40 left in the game.  Get the two and regroup.  That is not like you guys, and showed OKC had at that point gotten in your head.
·       Don’t tell me you are not giving it one more run, either, Spurs.  Next year is an odd year.
·       I don’t like the rule where an NBA team can advance the ball with a timeout.  Get rid of it.  These players are the best basketball players in the world.  Don’t have a rule that makes it easier on them.  Not needed, and you wouldn’t lose any excitement.
·       I know they do it at a lot of arenas, but I LOVED OKC playing Rocky as SOON as the first half shellacking was complete…to pick UP their team  instead of boo them off the court like some arenas would have done.  That state is CRAZY for this basketball team.  I feel bad for cities who are in a championship slump.  OKC might get one within 4 years of having their first NBA team.
·       Game 6 was one of the better basketball games I have seen recently.
·       GAME 5 NOTE:  Anyone get that feeling that the 3 ptr by Harden at the end TOTALLY swung this series?  It reminded me of the Robert Horry Game 5 3 ptr back in the day against the Kings (2000/ 2001?), except that this one was Top Gun inverted.  In the Horry instance, the seasoned veterans moved on.  In the Harden one, it was the up and comers who moved on.
2)    The Devils won Game 4 of the Cup Finals.  Now, they go back to New Jersey for Game 5.  Oddly, they have lost Game 4’s in their last three series now.  I will be in the air when this goes on, but log me in for the Devils taking this one also, and then the Kings winning Game 6 at home.  So, basically bet all your money on the Kings tonight (lol.  I just realized that statement does you no good), since I still can’t believe they made it this far in the first place and have picked against them a lot and been wrong.  Either that, or as a Flyers fan, I am still too bitter because of the Flyers pretty much GIVING them Richards and Carter.  Good work, boys.
3)    The mayor of Boston got pub this week for wishing his hometown athletes, “KJ and Hondo,” luck in their upcoming games.  Luckily he later tweeted his apology after I assume he got enough calls to make him aware that he was on the ESPN wire.  I thought these were pretty good ones by the mayor, but I liked his one from a few years ago better.  They were doing some dedication ceremony, and he is listing past Boston athletes, and he mentions how well Varitek kicks it through the uprights.  Nice.  Anyway, even though he got Rajon Rondo’s name wrong, he creates a subplot in my mind.  I think SOMEONE should be called Hondo.  Cool nickname.
4)    Bob Baffert really must know horses.  Bodemeister gets within inches and feet of beating I’ll Have Another in the first two Crown races.  Bob must really believe those were Bodemeister’s best races, because Bob pulls the horse for this race and gets another one of his horses, Paynter, shipped to the final race.  Of course, according to the hot news as I was getting to the airport, there won’t be any I’ll Have Another to deal (the Moneyball version of horses) with.  Maybe I’ll Have Another DOES have a sore leg.  By the way, if he got that from training, that guy must be in TROUBLE.  Maybe the horse heard that only two horses since 1905 have won the Derby from the #11 post.  No.  I think I’ll Have Another just wants to move to the really, really fun part of a Derby Winner’s life.  You know what?  With I’ll Have Another bowing out, give me Paynter.  Any horse who replaces a horse that almost already won two big races MUST be a badass.
5)    RANT SQUAD UPDATE: I am not doing links on this since it is an airplane rant, but PLEASE Google “Metta World Peace Canadian TV Station Weather.”  You can even throw out the funniness of him not understanding Celsius and Farenheit.  The shit is absolutely HILARIOUS.
6)    Tennis needs a new rankings system.  I don’t have a solution, but I am allowed to bitch regardless.  I am happy that Maria Sharapova, one of my short list chicks, is back at #1, but am tired of everyone changing up player overall rankings mid tournament, or telling us what they WILL be.  Can you tell me after the tourney?  Lie, and tell us you still have to put the numbers in a big computer in Massachusetts to officially tabulate who is #1.  In the words of White Lion, “Wait.”
7)    Winky Wright retired before my last rant.  In the last two days, Mosely AND Margarito hung it up also.  Anyone else joining this mass exodus of fighters?  Weird.
8)    The Pacquaio/ Bradley fight is tomorrow night.  It should be a solid fight, with Pacquaio controlling it late for the most part.  He might take some blows early, and I still think this is a dangerous fight for him, and maybe I just want the Mayweather fight SO bad, but he wins by decision most likely.  Maybe a late round knockout.  I hope that Bradley fights a little less abrasively than he appears to be, because he could get rocked going in balls to the wall.  In case you were curious, Mayweather will be unable to watch the fight most likely.  He doesn’t have a TV in his cell, and the guards aren’t really sure of the rules of the cell block TV remotes.  He might be a great fighter, but something tells me Floyd doesn’t have control of the TV remote quite yet, and will no time soon.  Plus, pretty sure the jail didn’t order PPV.  Also regarding this topic, Manny Pacquaio has announced he doesn’t want his fight to start until AFTER Game 7 of the NBA semi’s.  Alright, dude.  That is a funny comment.  Maybe you are just joshing us.  Regardless, if you ARE serious, this is the deal.  If it is because of ratings, then you still don’t have that kind of pull.  If it is because you want to watch it, then I think that is funny, but you don’t have that much pull.  I won’t even say you are a pawn in your chess game.  I think you might be a bishop, maybe a rook tops.
9)    Kurt Busch yelled at a reporter last week.  Kurt Busch is banned from racing this week.  Tony Stewart got Kurt Busch’s back this week.  I will, also.  Kurt told the reporter something to the effect that “probation is stopping me from whipping your ass.”  Tony thought it was witty, clever, and harmless.  I second that.  I can’t believe you all cancelled him from racing all this weekend.  More importantly, I can’t believe I care about this story.
10) McNamee’s wife contradicts her husband.  Clemens wasn’t in a room when they did something.  Someone lied about someone else doing roids….whatever.  I am not listening anymore.  They could talk about NASA sending them to the moon tomorrow, and I am still OUT (workable Seinfeld reference-nice).
11) I haven’t cared about women’s golf in a while.  I think I paid attention a little to Webb and Sorenstam, and rooted a couple times for Michelle Wie at the beginning.  Way to build on THAT circus introduction into the LPGA, Michelle.  Anyway, prepare for the mini media circus that will be Cheyenne Woods.  Her uncle?  Tiger Woods.  She must have had obstacles as a kid just BEING in that family tree, and she seems to be pretty grounded overall.  Anyway, she hits the big time this week.  Look for a blurb about it, or I suppose just look for something in here if she actually does anything.
12) Check out THIS grouping at the US Open.  Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods.  Someone who got tickets and was sad because they couldn’t get the weekend tickets now has something to smile about.  I went to a US Open once, final day.  It also happened to be the last one Tiger won.  One of the best days of watching golf I could have ever imagined.
13) Rays pitcher David Price won his 8th ball game of the year.  He did it against the Yankees, is pretty much a role model for consistency over the years, and I bet you a couple teams occasionally look up which pitchers they picked before Price in that draft years ago.
14) Where is that damn flux capacitor?  Paul Konerko leads the league in batting, and Derek Jeter is still in the mix. 
15) Cool story.  A young fan sent in the mail $3.36 from his piggy bank to Brandon Jacobs after hearing from her mother that he left the Giants because they needed more money to pay him.  Dibs to Jacobs for actually responding to the kid.  He has a get out of jail card for one dumb media/ off the field event in my book, because I think that was pretty cool.  How come I have a feeling he will eventually use that get out of jail free card at some point.
16) I read the Clemens updates and want them to end.  I read the Saints/Brees updates and want them to end also, but in a different way.  If the media thinks that there is ANY way these two sides don’t come to a compromise, then people are smoking shit.  They helped make each other.  I am not saying either side wouldn’t be good without the other.  I am saying there isn’t a chance that a separation happens, at least for THIS contract cycle.
17) RANT SQUAD UPDATE: The grass is green, the sky is blue, and Chad Ochocinco was released by the Patriots this week.  I PRAY he goes and works out with Terrell Owens, and then they go to the club after a good workout day, and then get a bottle, then go to a club, and then pay some strippers, and then….crossing the freaking streams in Ghostbusters that would be (my Yoda line for the week).  ANYWAY, from what I remember, we are about at name changing back because of fiancée time (I think it was July).  Maybe he can try out for them again with his other name, Chad Johnson.
18) I report everything dammit.  Gymnast Shawn Johnson retired after continuing knee problems.  Happy trails, Shawn, and thanks what you gave US gymnastics.  I won’t tell you whether I thought you were a girl or a guy when I first saw the headline.  Whatever.  If I say Mary Lou Retton, Kerri Shrug, and then you, will you forgive me?
19) I hear people are worried that the Sandusky trial might have some Penn State University supporters on it, and therefore might create Sandusky sympathy.  First of all, idiots who are saying this, it doesn’t matter where you are from, if this shit he did actually happened, then they will do the right thing.  Second, have you people BEEN to that part of the country? Ummm.  You live, breathe, and eat Penn State.  It is going to kind of hard, probably impossible, to find too many people who aren’t a PSU supporter in some way.
20) The baseball draft is so intriguing.  Sure, there are a lot more prospects out there, and sure there are more places to pull them since you have high school players in play.  I get that.  That being said, it is amazing how wrong the people are whose job is to study it and make mock drafts are.  In the NFL, everyone and their brother knows about the first 5 picks and they usually go down pretty damn close.  This year in baseball?  The #1 mock draft pick went 8th.  EIGHTH.  Take THAT, Scott Boras.The Astros surprised most people by taking SS Correa as the #1.
21) Quietly tucked into the NBA semi’s and NHL finals was this story.  The Lakers picked up Andrew Bynum’s option.  Guess that crazy trade talk is quiet for a little while.  Thanks for that.  You might take away a useless Roger Clemens wire hit.
22) I love the US Open (golf again for this hook) for a lot of reasons, but the qualifying week is always cool to see who made it through the various hurdles.  It is the open, people.  Technically, everyone has a shot, and old school wash-ups have to grind it out.  Even if you have won a major in some cases, you have to jump through hoops and play qualifying rounds in the middle of nowhere just like everyone else.  I was happy to see guys like Tim Herron, Casey Martin, and Davis Love make it through.  Herron is just a fun guy to like, Martin challenged the system with his disability and won, and well, Davis Love used to be a badass.  A preppy, not liked by me badass, but still a badass.
23) I am glad you are ok, Tommy Lasorda, from your mild heart attack.  Don’t go anywhere, bro.
24) I understand the concept of putting a hole in a beer can.  That being said, my past experience back in the day was putting that hole at the bottom of the can on the outside…and then NOT pouring it into a material container.  Miller Lite always has SOMETHING going on, I will tell you that.  Their curvy bottles must have gone sour, so now that have pop top cans.  You all are like A.D.D beer vendors.  Really bored, really fast.
25) A couple notes from Game 5 of the Heat/ Celtics:
·       I don’t like the Eastern Conference Finals as much because when the game comes on, and they are building up your excitement, they start off by showing that bad pass by Isiah Thomas that was stolen by Bird.  One pass probably stopped the Pistons from probably getting three rings.
·       Van Gundy talked about the Heat “defensive intensity” so much that I almost turned off the sound.  Say it once, maybe say it twice.  We got it.
·       Must be fun being on the court with Rajon Rondo.  I saw Bass get hit twice in the hands in the first 10 minutes of the game.  Pay attention, Brandon.  Dude is throwing assists all the time.  His head is on a swivel, therefore requiring that yours be too.
·       Quality defensive player.  LeBron was the leading vote-getter for the NBA Defensive Team first team.  He also has fouled out only four times.  In his career.  Solid.
·       This game had players CONSTANTLY complaining about calls.  Come on, guys.  Refs look at questionable calls at halftime.  Every time you complain about a call where it is obvious that you DID do something, you lose credibility for about the next 10 games.  Pick and choose your battles, and admit you ARE fouling  here and there.  Don’t be crybabies.
·       Cool that evidently, at the beginning of the year, the coaches were talking with the Celtics team about their chances this year.  Apparently, all three of them turned and looked directly at Rondo, and said “we are going as far as you take us.”  That is badass coming from three future Hall of Famers.
·       Does LeBron’s nose itch every single time he does a halftime interview?
·       Is Mike Miller always hurt in some way, but somehow seems fine to play.  Opposum.
·       Paul Pierce might be getting older, he might not jump quite as high or far, but dude has incredible footwork still to this day, which is why he is still playing at the level he is.
·       The Michael Jordan flu commercial is awesome.  I remember watching it live, and I still get goosebumps.
·       When Wade goes left, he seems to always pump fakes, yet the defender always seems to bite on it.
·       Dwayne Wade is the best shot blocker pound for pound in the league when it comes to anyone not playing a 4 or 5.
·       The Heat jogged lazily back on D at least 4 times in the second half.  A couple of those, they got burned.  No excuse.  You make the big bucks.  Run.  Might as well throw Manny Ramirez on your team if you are going to do that.
·       I am torn about Doc Rivers saying to his guys after the first half that the “50% balls will come to us.”  I know what he is saying, and what he is trying to get across, but I still seem to think about the fact that a Celtic player is subconsciously “waiting” for a loose ball.
·       Bosh must be pretty damn healthy from his abdominal strain.  He had a rebound follow/ dunk that contorted his body back pretty good.  If ANY move was going to reinjure his abs, it was that one.
·       I LOVE Rondo, but getting a backcourt violation at any point in a playoff game when you are uncovered is simply inexcusable.
·       At halftime, big, tough, Kevin Garnett ending his interview by saying “Go to bed, Boo Boo” was pretty darn cute.
·       Bosh needs more playing time.  He is too important to the Heat’s frontcourt.  6’11” guys who can shoot are a good thing.  What are you all saving him for?  As Apollo said to Rocky in Rocky III, “there is no tomorrow, there IS no tomorrow.”
26)  As far as Game 6, LeBron FINALLY got that look in a close out/ do or die game.  Dude got 45 points. He got the MJ look.  He got the Kobe look.  He played angry.  He played possessed when it counted.  This makes for a Game 7 for the ages.  Saturday night.  One team against the other team, with the loser literally blowing up their team before the paint dries.  Cancel your Saturday night plans, change your dinner plans, get in front of a TV with sound, and enjoy what guarantees to be a hellacious basketball game.  You might tell me that if Game 6 was that much of a blow out, how is it going to be good at the Heat’s crib if LeBron does the same thing?  He might.  True.  But, the Celtics are too good of team not to make adjustments enough…well, then Wade might go off too.  Whatever.  Here is the thing.  Boston will not go quietly and hasn’t been bad in Game 7’s over the years.  Prediction from me?  I think the Heat, I will be rooting for the Celtics, but I like Stephen A. Smith’s answer the best the other night.  “I am as lost as everyone else, and have no idea what is going to happen.”  Dibs to Stephen for making fun about how bad his predictions have been through these playoffs.  How he talks to Skip Bayless every day I have no clue, but Smith is funny as shit regardless, abrasive to the likeable amount, and knows his shit.
27) I don’t dislike the Yankees but I don’t like the Yankees either.  I still find it odd that I am for some reason happy that Andy Pettite had a great looking 10 K’s this week.  It is like an old truck in the backyard that you go to start up and are surprised to hear it gun nicely.  Keep it up, bro.
28) I really like John Malkovich.  Rounders made him one of my favorite of all time.  I really am also scared of talking phones.  I need him to re-sign from his ad position.  The way he talks to his phone is…off.  Creepy in a way, actually.
29) Russian hockey great Krutov died this week.  I would have to look up which one he was, but maybe I could just watch Miracle to see if he was one of the guys whose ass they kicked.
30) The New York Giants have extended the contract of Tom Coughlin.  I guess a second Super Bowl did the trick. Did you read all the fine print, Tom?  His lawyer must have examined that thing to the fullest.  Are you sure, Tom, there is no fine print about questioning you as a coach when you start the season slow sometime in the next couple years?  Talk about a dude who could have pulled a “LaRussa,” and rode into the sunset.
31) The Red Sox are on their way back anyway these days, but dibs to Dice K for making it back from Tommy John surgery successfully, almost exactly a year from the surgery.
32) Justin Blackmon, apologizing for his second DUI in 20 months, has said he will swear off drinking…for now.  I root for Josh Hamilton, and I support you learning a lesson, but dude.  You are a very promising candidate for my Rant Squad.  Please don’t go TOO straight and arrow.  Go buy a gun or something.
33) The hits keep on coming.  They have struck AGAIN, way under the radar from headlines and main stories.  I have been discussing the comeback of USC football (no, not a fan, just noticing what is going on out there) for about a year in my rants.  Well, football fans, don’t look now, but they just snagged the #1 safety for 2013.
34) RANT SQUAD UPDATE:  Lions DT Nick Fairley has “said he is sorry.”  Cool.  Whatever.  You are my Rant Squad hotshot.  My new primetime player.  Go out.  Tonight.  Distribute some coke.  Fire some guns.  Make me proud.
35) My weekend is officially shot.  French Open finals.  Sunday morning for the men, meaning everything in my schedule shuffles around.  Nadal/ Djokovic.  If you don’t make time for tennis, would like to understand it, and just want to be guaranteed a great match IF you hypothetically allot time to watch a match, then this is the one.  Watch the present best player in the world…easily. AGAINST…the greatest CLAY court player EVER arguably.  I could flowchart that for you if you would like.  Anyway, WATCH it.  It has cool red clay that rubs off on their pretty tennis attire.  Closest stain they will ever have to a baseball player sliding into second.
36)  I obviously don’t go out to eat a lot around my apartment.  But, the other day I was at the end of my grocery store cycle, and had to look.  CRAZY that a Philly area guy JUST found the Taste of Philly 3 blocks from my house.
37) They are lining up.  First the SEC brass has supported a playoff in FBS football.  This week, the Big Ten threw their hat into the ring.  This HAS to happen.  It makes too much sense to not figure out a way to work the time and money.
38) Hello, Cleveland.  Thanks for the brief hospitality.  When I go to a town I haven’t been to, I try to squeeze in a speed tour of the city after work is caught up on.  Well, here is what I noticed during my speed tour.
·       First and foremost, how the HELL is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame only open UNTIL 530pm?  I know it was a Thursday, but it is summer, and you are the freaking ROCK AND ROLL HOF!!  I don’t care if you are a “museum.”  You should be open until bars close, because you are rock and roll.  Ok.  I will compromise.  I think it should at LEAST be open until 8 or 9.
·       You don’t really have a lot of tall buildings on your skyline.  It is like a few big buildings put right next to a lake.
·       I successfully walked past your casino with time to kill without stepping foot inside.  Yay for me.
·       Your “crazy” street is about ¾ block long.  You walk down it, are entertained for about 45 seconds, and then the street ends.
·       I think the East 9th Street and West 9th Street, being totally in separate places, was odd quite frankly.
·       I irritated myself by constantly having that damn Huey Lewis and the News song “Heart of Rock n’ Roll” going through my head for pretty much 24 hours STRAIGHT while I was there.  Why?  Because when I was a kid, I thought it said the heart of rock and roll is "in Cleveland," not "still beating."
·       Even though people say that they are locals when you approach them, no one actually knows where anything is.  Simple things.  Post office.  Pharmacy.  Liquor store. 
·       Your pharmacy closed at 7pm.  I guess you assume people figure out whether they are sick or not BEFORE they try and go to work.
·       It doesn’t have much of a “feel.”  Not in a bad way, but I couldn’t find the personality of the city. 
·       Your city is pretty clean though.
·       My colleague and I had some time after our demonstration, and were both hungry, but we couldn’t figure out spontaneously what food you all are famous for.  We ate at Subway.
·       You all are SO bitter about the whole LeBron thing.  Crazy bitter.  I was walking around, and just finding a spot to watch the game with sound later that night.  I was thinking I was just talking about “the basketball game,” forgot that I was in Cleveland, and got some pretty funny replies by restaurant workers when I was on my hunt for game sound.  Finally a dude goes “you DO know you are in Cleveland, right?”
·       I got to see Progressive Field, Quicken Loans Arena, and Browns Stadium all up close by foot.  Very cool looking places and great locations for them.  Not sure where everyone parks for the games, but nice regardless.
39)  I plan on catching some EURO 2012 over the next month.  Not “friendly,” the best teams in that area of the world, same exciting group setup, and the closest thing I think you can get to the World Cup in the sport.  I am pretty sure I took Netherlands over Spain in the final in a previous prediction.
40) This whole pick your own seat on Southwest Airlines is different.  I am never impatient after a flight, so I just go straight to the back and try and get second to last row window.  Pretty simple for me.  That being said, this whole seating thing would suck on a crowded flight when you come on near last.  I almost would rather to be totally assigned a seat randomly and gamble a little than have to “choose” a middle seat.  By the way, does Southwest have a person who flies in a seat, then gets into uniform 30 minutes into flight, delivers peanuts to people, and then sits down for the remainder of the flight?  I saw it happen definitely once, and I think actually twice.  Confused.
41) I am happy to see that the Ravens will still pay Terrell Suggs full salary even if the injury happened while playing basketball.  Very cool.  An athlete is an athlete for a reason, and since I also understand how freaking great the sport is, I support this as he is someone who likes to compete in other things also.  It’s not like he was speeding down the road on a dangerous motorcycle, right?
42) The Pats just gave Rob Gronkowski the richest contract ever for a tight end.  The Pats are pretty damn smart with personnel, and maybe they had to figure something out this year, and I know he is a freak of nature athletically on the field.  I am just saying that I would make sure he could go a season without getting caught on camera dancing after missing a game for an injury (just the Super Bowl), or other such related shady things players can do.
43) Chicken or the egg. Did they name the tivo thing the Hopper before the heavy northeastern accented commercial idea came about, or did they have that commercial in development, and then decided to just name their new product that?
44) Just so everyone outside of Denver knows, Peyton Manning is throwing deep passes VERY well, and past teammate Brandon Stokely apparently had a beautiful catch on one of them the other day.  Wait.  Hold on.  Sometimes I have to check myself.  Stop right here, Mr. Fillerbuster.  Ok.  Sorry.  I am back.  I apologize for the confusion.  I WAS going to complain/ make some joke about daily updates from Bronco camp (building up to the first game vs. my Steelers), BUT then I realized THIS.  Last year, I was in Tim Tebow HELL with the circus around him.  Sorry, Peyton, my bad.  Keep passing away, and make sure I get all the updates you want to give me.
45) I still think, that on the Family Guy intro music, Stewie says “f-ing cry,” not “laugh and cry.”
46) I felt kind of lazy the other night.  The TV had a tornado warning on it and was telling me to “take cover,” and I just laid there and waited for the basketball game to come back on.  I don’t know what to think about that or me based on that.
47) That is it.  The captain has given that electronics warning, and I think I am good on what I wanted to say.  Thanks for reading, pass my link to a friend or two if you like it, and I hope you enjoyed the blind airplane style-only way it really can fit in my schedule when I am traveling.  As one shepherd said to the other shepherd, I am going to get the flock out of here.  I will probably write Monday night again.  Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment