Sunday, June 24, 2012

My boy's wicked smart...


Read it, don't read it, I don't care...just needed to get some things off my chest.


In no particular order of importance or chronology...


NEW FORMAT: 20 minutes time limit, DAILY posts


(deep breath before going to town)


11:21


1)  LeBron's legacy.  He has totally changed the game.  He won't win his second next year.  Book it.  Their entire salary goes to 3 players.  Derrick Rose will be healthy.  Sure, it is fun to play with LeBron for less money and have a chance, but there aren't too many Mike Millers or Shane Battiers in the world.  When it is all said and done, it is all about the dollars. LeBron needs two more rings for me to be even in the conversation.  If Deron Williams goes to the Mavs, I say it is either Bulls over OKC or Bulls over the Mavs next year.


2)  Tickets for the music festival yesterday were $25.  I would have paid that amount alone to see Karl Denson do his Beastie Boys tribute for that one hour.  It was amazing.  They got three guys who sounded exactly like the Brooklyn trio, and I needed to remind myself of the flexibility of the band.  They just did a Rolling Stones tribute back in October.


3)  Can we please move soccer penalty kicks back 10 yards to make it a little exciting?


4)  My Phillies.  Jonathan Papelbon offered 5k to anyone who got him out of his blown save.  Thome did that.  Papelbon wrote the check in the dugout.  VERY cool.


5)  The Mets have a chicken mascot named "Little Jerry Seinfeld?"  Holy shit, that is awesome.  If I wasn't a Phillies fan for life, I would change in a heartbeat.


6)  Youkilis is out of the starting lineup.  Youkilis is on the trading block.  Youkilis is back in the starting lineup.  What?  Something tells me him and Percy Harvin are going for beers tonight.  The joke is there.  Trust me.


7)  LT retires.  LT is looking at the Broncos.  Dude.  You either are a boxer and will retire 15 times, or you also should join Youkilis and Harvin for beers.


8)  Spain beats France.  Love or hate soccer, but if you don't want to watch Germany vs. Spain battle in two contrasting styles, you are smoking crack.


9)  Flow chart needed.  Jamie Moyer was released by the Orioles yesterday.  Hell, I LIVE in Denver, and I already forgot he was on another team.


10)  I am sitting in my apartment listening to Needtobreathe in 100 degree weather without AC, and my girlfriend is in the Virgin Islands jumping into the ocean.  Life is not fair.


11)  My Flyers just traded van Riemsdyk to the Maple Leafs.  Should we just crown them champions already for next year after this year's trade/ championship with the the Kings?


12)  Some dude named Piquet Jr.  just won a Nationwide race.  Is his first name Jimmy or Bobby?  Just curious.


12a) I noticed this Nationwide race actually had left AND right turns.


13)  I hear that Tyson Gay "cruised" to a victory in the trials with a 10 flat.  Dude, that might get it done here in the states, but you do know that the Jamaican's are running sub 9.87's, right?


14)  I hear that UFC 147 is coming.  I feel old.  I watched UFC 1 with Gracie.


15)  Carl Crawford of the Boston Red Sox played for the first time in 8 months.  How did he do?  Who cares?  The Red Sox are just glad their huge investment is back on the field.


16)  I admit I did NOT open this article, but it sounded horrible.  "Man shot during volleyball game."  I DO know it didn't happen in Wilmington DE or New Jersey.  That is a plus.


17)  I have told you I have the coolest church in the whole world.  I actually am NOT lying about that.  We were talking about "stretch love" in relationships today, and they threw up Good Will Hunting twice when Ben Affleck talks about hoping that Damon wouldn't be there one day when he came to pick him up.  Don't worry, they buzzed all the f-bombs, which you don't realize how many there are in that serious conversation until they are bleeped out.  Maybe THAT is why I never have the opportunity to get "stuck" in Good Will Hunting on regular TV.


17a) Our pastor, Gil, had an affair seven years ago.  The reason I love the church is because he stands up there and talks about it, which he did today in more depth than I have ever heard him do.  He cried, and there is a chance that there were more people in the audience crying than any audience watching Marley and Me.  Dibs to you, Gil, for not getting up there and pretending you are better than any of us.  That is why I go, bro.


18) I live in Denver.  I have never heard of Girltalk.  It sounds like a stupid band name.  But, since I was invested in the festival and live two blocks away, I figured I would check it out.  AMAZING.  Anyone who can mix T'Pau's Heart and Soul with Metallica is an A+ in my book.


19)  11:40.  Time's up.  And just in time for me to go watch the England/ Italy matchup in EURO 2012.  As one shepherd said to the other, I am going to get the flock out of here.  Peace.


19a)  Traffic is good on this site.  I am getting business cards.  But, if you like it at all, will you PLEASE pass the link to ONE person in the next few days.  I am trying to build something here.  Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment