Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You can't HANDLE my movie schedule!


Read it, don't read it, I don't care...just needed to get some things off my chest.


In no particular order of chronology or importance...


Twenty minutes of hooks...


NEW FORMAT:
I have received your feedback, and I will now apply that feedback to the Rant.  Shorter rants more often.  This alleviates me also from allocating 3 hours twice a week to speak my mind.  I will be on the clock...literally.  I have the usual list in front of me.  I have exactly 20 minutes at most to start AND stop.  No more writing after that.  No editing.  This should make it more readable to you all, and not have YOU have to allocate more time than you want to catch up on sports.  Look for daily blogs, worse case every other day.  Don't worry, I won't announce a Rant daily.  If you like the Rant, just check more often.  I will post this paragraph a few times to make sure everyone knows.  Let's start the experiment of getting me actually to STOP.  Twenty minutes starts....NOW.


(taking a deep breath as I prepare to get mine in 20 minutes...)


1.  I wouldn't want to be a juror for a boring case, but I have always wanted to be a part of a big trial so I could possibly do the poor man's version of Grisham's Runaway Jury.  Anyway, here is an upcoming case I would LOVE to be on...the Auburn tree poisoning trial.  Somehow, the combination of an odd event combined with Bama fans and people yelling "war eagle" just sounds like a lot of fun.


2.  LeBron gets injured near the end of the game, and OKC still loses.  First, OKC played like a bunch of 23 year olds once again at the end of the game, not totally locked in mentally and making a few mental mistakes that don't win you championships.  Second, you see the talent with OKC, but I just get the feeling now that they need to lose this one to learn...not quite there yet.  Third, the three by LeBron and the one by Wade are what WINS championships..CLUTCH shots.  Fourth, Russell Westbrook, you are a stud.  With Harden pulling his 3.5 game disappearing act, you single handedly kept you all in the game.  Fifth and finally, I don't care if they would have still needed a three to tie with 14 seconds left or so.  Russell Westbrook should have known the rule about the shot clock resetting to 5 seconds after a jump ball and that there was no need to foul.  I blame Scottie Brooks for that one actually for not communicating it.


3.  Minnesota WR Percy Harvin has said he would like a trade, about a day after saying he was unhappy without giving a reason.  Nice to know that those young rich bloomers have such HIGH probability of becoming conceited, spoiled brats.


4.  Rays pitcher Joel Peralta got busted in the 8th inning of a game for having pine tar in his glove.  Dude, in today's technology AND with extra eyes looking for any advantage whatsoever, how the HELL did you not think you would get caught?


5.  Stating the obvious as many of us would also do, the Clemens probe could have been the biggest waste of money since giving Rashard Lewis his last NBA contract.


6.  Here we go.  Technology coming to a soccer stadium near you.  After a controversial non goal in England's game, FIFA will most likely be bringing in replay rules, cameras, etc.  My question is this. If one of the individual things about soccer is the ongoing clock, how will this affect the flow of the game?  Players can rest, re-strategize, etc.  I think you don't bring it in for this sport.


7.  The Phillies Freddy Galvis got banned 50 games for a banned susbstance test.  Aren't cheating players supposed to be good?  I am a Phillies fan so I know who he is.  For the rest of the world who doesn't, dude is batting .226, so there is no reason you SHOULD know who he is and obviously the banned substances aren't working.


8.  There has to be a way.  In this world of technology, scheduling, smart phones, etc., why the h$%^ did the US Open and NBA Finals game happen at the same time?


9.  Mark off your calendars.  It was announced that Spike Lee will be doing the Tyson "broadway show."  Wow, that sounds like it will be constructive.  I didn't look at when they are shooting it, but I assume it is right about now, as I have never been able to figure out WHEN the hell Jack Nicholson and Spike Lee do anything job-wise with their busy NBA schedules.  I am assuming Jack is on the clock about now also.


10.  Crazy.  I went to a wedding in Wilmington, DE.  I live in Denver.  A few weeks before the wedding, I went to see Van Halen. Then, at the wedding across the country at a wedding of about 100-120 people, I see the same guy.  Small world stuff at its best.


11.  Grab Anthony Davis at the #1 spot of course.  There aren't too many quality centers out there these days.  But, if you aren't at that pick, snag Kidd Gilchrist or Bradley Beal.  You heard of Gilchrist because he won the championship.  You might not have heard of Beal.  You will.  Dude was a stud coming out of high school.


12.  In the middle of the NBA finals, Ramon Sessions has announced he will explore free-agency.  Dude, you lost, you were not even a starter, and we don't care for another few days.


13.  Time's up.  As one shepherd said to the other, I am going to get the flock out of here.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment